Sunday, April 8, 2012

low carb egg muffins

So this is the easiest low carb recipe ever!  This is what I used:

5 or 6 eggs
prosciutto cubes
diced onions
salt
pepper
milk
muffin pan (I used a mini muffin pan)

1.  put a few prosciutto cubes along with a pinch of onions in the mini muffin pan.
2.  preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3.  whisk the eggs with milk and pour a little bit into each muffin.  Do not fill to the top, just a little below to the rim.
4.  Cook for 5-10 minutes in the oven.  I don't have an exact time, because I wasn't paying attention.  I just kept a watch on the oven while I cleaned the kitchen/unloaded the dishwasher.
5.  Use a spoon to take the eggs out and then sprinkle with some salt and pepper.

You don't have to use the prosciutto or onions like I did with my recipe.  Try diced tomatoes or bell peppers.  This is such a quick and easy recipe.  This is what we had a long with toast for our Easter morning breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment