Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pie Pins/ Girl Scout Swaps


I made these cute little pins (also called swaps) with my daughter and her girl scout troop this past weekend.

This is what you will need:
Bottle caps
Brooch pins (you can buy these at Michaels)
brown felt or construction paper
small beads
glue
glue gun

Step 1:  Using the glue gun, glue the brooch pin to the back of a bottle cap.


Step 2:  Fill the inside of the bottle cap with glue.
Step 3:  Put the beads on top of the glue and let dry for a few minutes.
Step 4:  Glue the pieces of construction paper or felt on top to make the top of the pie.  I like using felt more, but I was out of the light brown color so I used construction paper.




1 comment:

  1. Great idea, especially if you have a husband who leaves his bottle caps behind (like mine haha).

    ReplyDelete