Sunday, August 12, 2012

My first diaper cake

So I decided to tackle my first diaper cake (pictured above).  There are a few things I did that I would do differently.  First of all, I used the newborn diapers and quickly realized they are too small.  So in the future I would use a size or two bigger.  You will need:

Diapers (Not the newborn size)
rubber bands or those thin plastic hair ties
bottle (or anything else for the top of the cake)
Ribbon
Tape or glue
Bowl (or something similar that you can wrap the diapers around) You will need at least two, one bigger then the other.
Any other decorative item (stuffed animals, flowers, etc)
Yarn

First thing you should do after you have all your supplies is start rolling the diapers wrapping the rubber bands around them. I did mine the night before when I had some friends over.  This made the project quick and easy the next day.  Then use a bowl turned upside down and start setting the diapers around it.  After one set of diapers are set around the bowl use yarn or something similar to keep them in place.  Then start with another row of diapers and do the same thing.  You can do as many rows as you like but at least do two or three.  Wrap the outer edge with a cute ribbon and fasten it with glue or tape (I used hot glue).

Set the second bowl on top of the bottom tier and do the same process as described above.  Then for the top tier use the bottle  and wrap the diapers around the bottles.  I used some stuffed animals to decorate the cake too.  Super cute and my friends loved it!





No comments:

Post a Comment