Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fabric Flowers

Doesn't this look cute.  Read below to learn how to make one yourself!

My daughter loves when I make her things and loves flowers so after cutting some fabric for the cloth necklaces yesterday I cut out some circles of various sizes from the same piece of clothing.  As you can see from the picture I cut out six circles.

For this project you will also need:
fabric glue or needle with thread
buttons for the middle of the flower
candle

Then I cut little slits around each circle.  You don't have to do this but I thought it would look neat.
Using the candle, I held the fabric just over the flame.  The fabric created this curl like effect that was pretty neat.
This is what a few of the circles looked like laying on top of each other.  I had a few different buttons I placed in the center to see which one I liked the best before sewing it on.
I decided to sew this little flower onto a plain white t-shirt.  When I held the t-shirt up I noticed the fabric fell over, so I used the fabric glue to help keep the flower in place.  I think I may be a little scared to wash this.  Hope my daughter doesn't get it too dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment