Thursday, March 15, 2012

Flower Hair Clip

I have seen many children (and adults) wearing big flower clips in their hair and just find them so adorable.  So I had to find a cheap and easy way to make them using glue (since I really am not good at sewing).  This was my first time doing this and I felt it was a little sloppy, but my daughter loves it so who really cares.  I also gave one to two of her friends and they love it too!  So this is what you will need:

Materials
Glue Gun
Glue sticks
Daisy or some other flower from craft store such as Michael's.
Hair clips (I like alligator clips)
Felt
Scissors

1.  Take the flower off of the stem.  These flowers can be easily detached from the stem.
2.  Cut out a circular piece of felt and glue it to the back of flower using glue gun.
3.  Glue the flower to the top part of the alligator clip.  I bought this package of 12 alligator clips at Ulta's for 2.49
4.  If you want you can glue another piece of felt over the area that is glued.  This is what I did because the glue was a little sloppy.
This is super cute!  I plan to make more and look up more ways to make cute little hair clips.  This is probably the easiest way, involving no sewing!



2 comments:

  1. If I would have known a few months ago about you making hair clips, I would have given you a big package of hair clips from when I used to make them in Maryland. I love to be creative too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of Alex's friends want one now...

    ReplyDelete