Thursday, March 8, 2012

Painted Rocks

I love pointing out beautiful things in the environment to my daughter.  One of the beautiful things I pointed out recently was how rocks really show their colors when they are wet.  So one morning we went out to the back porch and started looking at rocks and getting them wet.  To go a little further I had my daughter sort the rocks based on color.  Sorting by color, size, texture is a concept that should be worked on prior to kindergarten.  This is a fun, easy, cheap educational activity to do with any young child.   My daughter is now a avid rock collector.


1 comment:

  1. Good for her! I used to collect rocks when I was her age too. I always had a blast sorting them out by colors and textures. I love educational activities such as this one!

    ReplyDelete