Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Making Paint from Cornstarch

So, Alex used up her Crayola paint in the tub soap and wanted to keep the containers.  I have been thinking about what to do with them and decided to make some new paint out of cornstarch.
Materials needed:
White vinegar
Cornstarch
Water
Bowl
Spoon
Food coloring
Baby food jars or any other container that might work.

The first thing I did was put about 2 Tbs cornstarch, 2 Tbs white vinegar, and 2Tbs water and mixed them all together.  Then I divided up the mixture between the three little containers I was using.

Then I added in about 5-7 drops of food coloring into each jar and mixed it up.

Then I let my daughter come up with her own little creation.
Those dots all over the face.... those are freckles.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment