Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fun with Air Dry Clay

My daughter received clay from Santa this past Christmas and we have been using it off an on these past couple months.  Air dry clay is awesome because it is so easy to use and my daughter loves it!  All that is required is that you wait a few days for the clay to dry before painting it, which can be hard because little ones don't always have too much patience.
The first picture is a flower that I made and the second picture is a little snail that my daughter made.  I have found that the smaller and thinner the sculpture is the faster it will dry.  If you do something a little larger and thicker it may take an extra day or two.  We have made so many things out of this clay, from little bowls to sculptures.
We also discovered that the clay can be used as a crayon.  My daughter made what was supposed to be a worm.  After experimenting a bit she discovered she can color with it.  What a great idea!

Air dry clay is really inexpensive art and can be used for a variety of art projects.  Click the link below to check out some Air-dry clay from Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment